Monday, February 20, 2012

Much More Famous

Thanks for all your kind comments on the book cover. I absolutely love it! And Seamus of course thinks it's the best book cover ever. But just when we thought he couldn't get any more famous, this happened:


These are cake pops made to look like Seamus on the book cover. (Pup pops? Seamus suckers?) 75 of these adorable pops are being over-nighted to my editor at Sourcebooks Publishing to hand out at their sales conference on Thursday. And I didn't forget the Seamus's in their lives either. There will also be "doggy bags" handed out with homemade (um, not by me...I custom ordered them) peanut butter/ banana dog bones. They look like this:
The bone is green in "real life" the photo coloring is just off
So yeah, we're sending bribes treats in hopes that the sales people notice the book, remember the book. love the book and....go out and sell the book!  I also had two book trailer videos made that will be shown at the conference. And after that happens, you know I'll be sharing them here!

Phew! This publishing biz is hard work!
(And speaking of that...if you haven't clicked "like" yet for our Facebook page, please do...it's right over there in the sidebar just begging to be clicked.)

Next up, I've still got to finish the acknowledgements section for the book. Who do you suggest I acknowledge and thank? (I think we all know who the book will be dedicated to...and no, I don't mean Seamus!)

9 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting! I just lost 2 brother beagles to lymphoma last month and I'm fighting for River with mast cell cancer. I wish there were more books about real life fight (not vets or drs) against cancer. Congratulations on surviving your cancer!

    Stephanie, mom to River
    riverthebeagle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, Seamus's was a mast cell tumor (on his rear end). They told me he'd live one year with surgery and chemo--that was six years ago and he's alive and well still. All the best to you and River!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those are super cute. Seamus story is so inspiring and so is yours. I just cant wait to read the book, I hope it comes out on kindle but either way we will be reading it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be an eBook! Thanks for your support!

      Delete
  4. This sounds like a wonderful book, and such an incredible story! I am a breast cancer survivor, and I think the one thing that has gotten me through all the horror of cancer was listening and reading others' stories. So thank you! Wanted to share a link that was also a great resource for me http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-can I'll definitely be checking out your book as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa I just PRE ordered you book on amazon.com Yippie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Aren't they? She's so talented! And I was thinking about you today on my walk with Seamus, Mandi. I was thinking this book is really "making lemonade from lemons!"

      Delete

Comments mean you care. That's all I'm saying.