I've had a little time to do some reading and of course I'm still obsessing with reading about BREAST CANCER. And I've received a few emails and calls from women who've "been there done that." So I realized, I'm a little unclear on what my "D Day" is. That is, on what day was I actually diagnosed. Help me out here... the choices are as follows:
1) December 18, 2008. First doctor's appointment where I say "I feel a lump" and the physician's assistant says "I don't like this at all."
2) December 23, 2008 when my ultrasound and mammogram reports are in and the doctor calls and says "highly suspicious of malignancy."
3) January 8, 2009 Dr. Karam looks at my July 23, 2008 mammogram and my December 19, 2008 mammogram and says "walks like a duck, quacks like a duck" and schedules my biopsy for the next morning.
4) January 9, 2009 when same doctor says, right before the biopsy, "95% chance this is cancer", or,
5) January 13, 2009 when the biopsy results are officially back and Dr. Karam calls to say "It's what we thought it was." (Note how rarely the word "cancer" is actually used; and yes, it's a duck. Actually, it's duct cancer--maybe he has more of an accent than I thought!!!).
I feel like the D day is January 13, 2009 (hey, I had a 5% chance before then!!). Which works out great for the February 13th birthday bash. But from what I'm reading (books and emails)...it may actually be the December 23, 2008 date (which is a bad day in my family for so, so many reasons).
What do you think? Leave a comment below or vote to the right! (This lets me know I'm not talking to myself. Okay, I'm not talking to just myself.)
Oh, and I did eventually get to sleep last night. But tonight...Tylenol PM is my BFF.